No display for current amount of health?
Cavern of Cards
NOTE: Please run this game in fullscreen mode!
A bullet-hell shoot-’em-up with only one boss. Take them down all their forms in one run! Between phases you get to pick cards which can have a range of helpful or hindering effects, but choose wisely: you can only pick one!
- WASD: Move
- Space: Shoot/Select/Continue
- Each card has a Player modifier, a Hazard modifier, and a Cosmetic modifier.
- There's no way to see if a modifier is positive or negative, you'll just have to see when you pick it!
- The ranking of the card (indicated by border color - bronze is lowest, and gold is highest) indicates how powerful its modifiers are. But be warned, this affects negative ones too!
- If at first you can't select any of the cards, click on one to highlight it
- We ran out of time to implement certain modifiers.
This was made in 48 hours in Unity for the GMTK Game Jam 2019. This game ties into the theme of “only one” in several ways:
- The only enemy in the game is a single boss
- The player can pick only one card at a time
- To win, the game must be completed in one run without dying, as there are no checkpoints.